Kern County Public Health Department has launched a new voluntary informational program for people and families dining at Kern County restaurants.
Restaurants can seek to qualify as 'Certified Healthy" if they meet several specific criteria including:
Here is the list of criteria that restaurants must follow to qualify for the Certified Healthy program. These can be met either as part of the regular menu or with a lite menu.
- At least six menu items under 500 calories
- An option for fruits and/or vegetables as a side item for meals
- At least one salad option
- Whole grain bread as a side option
- At least six menu items with less than 30 percent of sodium
- Meal items with less than five grams of saturated fat
- No meals exceeding 2,000 calories
- Offers at least five vegetarian meal dishes
- A non-fried fish option
- At least four items containing 10 grams of fiber.
Check it out here!