The Davis City Council passed a resolution on Monday 3/25/2019 with detailed instructions to staff regarding parking downtown. The Davisite received the specifics of the resolution from the City Clerk on 3/29/2019. The specifics exactly as delivered to the Davisite are as follows:
- There shall be no on-street paid parking
- Paid parking lots shall include:
- E Street Plaza Lot
- Amtrak Train Depot Lot (free on weekends)
- North F Street Lot (E-F-3rd-4th)
- South G Street Lot
- Enforce paid parking requirements from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Time-restricted parking will be enforced 10:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Two Additional Parking Enforcement Officers
- Procure Upgraded X Permit Management System
- Explore providing discounts for Yolo County residents at the Amtrak Train Depot Lot.
- Return to Council with an Ordinance (and corresponding Resolutions(s) as needed) to implement paid parking in specified parking lots and amend the effective hours of certain timed parking areas. Ordinance/Resolution(s) shall include language that any revenue funds available, after fully recovering the cost of the parking system, will be used downtown (examples: new surface parking and transit options).
- Return to Council with report on investigation of adding parking supply:
- Work with Old East Davis Neighborhood Association and Old North Davis Neighborhood Association on adding X permits in residential parking districts
- Consider appropriate number of 20-minute spots. Covert some 20-minute spots to the timed restrictions as on the same block face where they are located.
- Consider relocating Jump Bike parking (not utilize on-street parking spot(s)
- Consider relocating Zip Car parking spots
- Return to Council with report on discussions of potentially adding surface parking and transit options with public agencies and private entity property owners, including: UC Davis, Unitrans, Capitol Corridor, Yolo Bus, Yolo Transportation Management Agency and relevant private parties located downtown. Discussion with UC Davis to specifically include usage of the First and A Streets parking lot on evenings/weekends.
- Return to Council with analysis on best use/feasibility of Olive Drive (Richards Blvd. and Olive Dr.) parking lot, to include consideration of adding Jump Bike and Zip Car parking, and free 3-hour spots.
- Consider and return to Council with recommendations related to implementation of parking management consultant report recommendations, which may include taking advantage of the capabilities of technology, employee training, etc.
- Work with downtown business community regarding employee parking permit management.
- Upgrade technology/meter machines at E Street Plaza.
- Return to Council with analysis of a parking validation program.
- Consider a public ride share program
- There shall be no changes to the parking conditions surrounding Davis Community Church
- Rates shall be tiered/dynamic pricing (demand responsive)
- Return to Council with implementing documents as needed
Motion passed by the following vote:
AYES: Carson, Frerichs, Partida, Lee
ABSENT: Arnold (recused)