Let us introduce you to the Davis Post Carbon Association, a grassroots organization bringing together the community to address climate issues both locally and globally. We want to transition out of a carbon-based economy to a post-carbon economy by 2040. Post-carbon means (1) sequestering more carbon than we are emitting (also called being carbon negative), (2) designing our communities so that we regenerate natural resources, eliminate waste, and live in alignment with the needs of nature. We have six core goals to help the community fulfill this intention before it may be too late for our planet.
- Include everybody in our community so we can transition together instead of having to figure it out on our own
- Educate each other about the science of sustainability and how to apply it to our lives as individuals and members of a community
- Work with homeowners and businesses to help private organizations transition.
- Work with government to help public infrastructure transition
- Support labor unions, activist groups, faith-based groups, and other organizations in their efforts to transition
- Raise funds to support the efforts of community organizers, educators, project facilitators, and to finance modifications of private and public infrastructure, lands, and operational systems (transportation, waste-management, energy utilities, etc)