Information / Questions / Customer Input
(From Press release) – Valley Clean Energy will host a public workshop in early December to discuss and seek input to their Integrated Resource Plan (IRP). The workshop is open to all VCE customers and interested parties, and will offer information and answer questions, while gathering input from customers.
VCE’s IRP outlines our planned power supply for the next 3 years and provides a forecast for expected electric demand and resource supply until 2030. The IRP also details our commitment to renewable and low carbon energy procurements. The IRP is a VCE planning document that is updated every 2 years and is also governed by regulatory requirements. Our final plan will be submitted to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) for consideration in May 2020.
The workshop agenda will include:
- Regulatory overview—requirements, features and latest developments
- Timeline—for IRP completion and public input
- Tentative portfolios and costs—based on input data requirements from the CPUC and VCE’s load forecast
- Resource costs—for current and potential new resources
- VCE Stakeholder input on future resource mix, including 2030 greenhouse gas emissions goals, customer program options and timing, local resources and processes
The workshop will review VCE’s Integrated Resource Plan proposal, answer questions and gather input from customers. Please join us at:
5:30 pm, Monday, December 9, 2019
City of Woodland Council Chambers (2nd floor)
300 1st Street, Woodland CA 95695
Valley Clean Energy is a not-for-profit public agency formed to provide electrical generation service to customers in Woodland, Davis, and the unincorporated areas of Yolo County. Our mission is to source cost-competitive clean electricity while providing product choice, price stability, energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emission reductions and reinvestment in the communities we serve. For additional information about Valley Clean Energy, visit ValleyCleanEnergy.org or call 855-699-8232.