In case you missed them
Note that the articles are written by a variety of different authors, reflecting the Davisite’s nature as a community blog, written by and for the Davis community.
- Some important clarifications on EIR updates for the ARC: Other issues unfortunately went unaddressed
- The Sustainable Living and Learning Communities: A future focused interdisciplinary institution grows from the deep roots of UC Davis’s alternative communities
- 10 things you need to know about the UCD-City-County "Town Hall" that are not being reported in other places
- Unprofessional behavior from City staff and Councilmember Arnold: Poor communication continues; irregularities confirmed
And our most read article for 2019:
- Davis Vanguard IRS Disclosure Problem: PART I: Vanguard Slams the Door on Required Public Disclosures
What will 2020 bring? There is no doubt we will be running articles on the massive business park proposed for outside of Mace curve (the so-called ARC), Measure R renewal, new proposed taxes for the City and the school district, the City Council election, and the Yolo County Supervisor election. Looking at the above, Davisites are clearly concerned about traffic and parking, and it is likely that those concerns will continue into 2020 in some form. We will be watching the City Council to see how it fulfills its promise to act on the declared Climate Emergency, among other promises, such as improved communication with citizens.
Of course, there will be unexpected issues – those are often the most interesting. We will just have to see what the new year brings. Again, the Davisite is a community blog, so please continue to send us your articles. The unknown stories that are yet unwritten are from you, too.
The Davisite wishes you all a happy and healthy new year!