LOTS of good news!
What is the headline?
SACRAMENTO COUNTY NETS $60 MILLION WINDFALL FROM FEDS. HOW IT WILL HELP FIGHT COVID-19.
But what about Yolo County? And why wasn't Yolo in the headline (See Davis Enterprise, not Sacramento Bee). We get $10.4 Million!!!!
That quickly brings up a question... what is Yolo County going to do with it? Well, let's ask the experts, ok?
Remember the Yolo County Health Council? First, let's remember the mission of the Health Council:
Yolo County Health Council is a stakeholder advisory body to the Yolo County Board of Supervisors that drives advances in health equity, health education, resource distribution, and poverty reduction to improve the health of Yolo County.
That's nice and clear..... "drives" (NOT meekly makes recommendations)..... "health equity"..... "resource distribution"..... hey, 10.4 million dollars is certainly a resource! And how we divide it up, how we use it can be guided by "health equity" if we do it properly.
So, what is Yolo County going to do with the $10.4 Million?
I dunno. The Health Council advises the Board of Supervisors and the Board of Supervisors will hear from experts and then make a decision.
The Board of Supervisors met yesterday and to my knowledge this new item was not discussed. However, the Health Council meets tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. Will they provide some sage advice?
Join Zoom Meeting
At 9 a.m. tomorrow, Thursday.
PS Here is the agenda and remember that public comment is not at the beginning of the meeting... it is at the end! If you have ideas about how this money should be spent, maybe this is the time to speak up!!
Yolo County Health Council Agenda – February 11, 2021
REMINDER: Please turn off cell phones and mute yourself when not speaking.
All items on this agenda may be considered for action.
Join the meeting from your computer or by phone:
Join by phone: 1-669-900-9128 Meeting ID: 997 1824 2130 Passcode: 060096
9:00 A.M. CALL TO ORDER
1. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS – Evan Priestley, Chair
2. ROLL CALL – Cyndi Sechler, Secretary
3. CONSIDER APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND APPROVE THE JANUARY 14, 2021 MINUTES – Evan Priestley, Chair
4. NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS – Evan Priestley, Chair
5. STATE AND COUNTY UPDATE – Patrick Blacklock or CAO Representative
6. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS UPDATE – Supervisor Saylor or Representative ***
7. COMMUNITY HEALTH BRANCH UPDATE – Brian Vaughn, Public Health Director
10:00 A.M. PRESENTATIONS
8. COUNTY COVID UPDATE – Dr. Aimee Sisson, Health Officer
9. COVID RESPONSE AD-HOC SUBCOMMITTEE UPDATE – Subcommittee members
10. HEALTH COUNCIL PRIORITY AREAS – RECOMMENDATION DEVELOPMENT
A. ACCESS TO BASIC NEEDS SUCH AS HOUSING, JOBS, FOOD AND SAFETY (POVERTY)
B. ACCESS TO PRIMARY CARE AND DENTAL CARE
C. ACCESS TO BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES IN YOLO COUNTY ANNOUNCEMENTS
11. REPRESENTATIVE REPORT OUT & ANNOUNCEMENTS Opportunity for Advisory Board members to address Health Council on subjects not otherwise on the agenda relating to Health Council business. The Officers reserve the right to impose a reasonable limit on time afforded to any topic or to any individual speaker.
12. PUBLIC COMMENT Opportunity for members of the public to address Health Council on subjects not otherwise on the agenda relating to Health Council business. The Officers reserve the right to impose a reasonable limit on time afforded to any topic or to any individual speaker.
11:00 A.M. ADJOURNMENT
13. NEXT MEETING: MARCH 12, 2021 AT 9:00 A.M.
*** Please note that Supervisor Provenza, Chair of the Board of Supervisors is officially Co-Liason to the Health Council from the Board of Supervisors. This is to help focus the County's attention on the pandemic.