The following email was sent to the City Council on late Tuesday evening and is reprinted here with the permission of the author.
Hello Mayor Partida, Council Members Lee, Frerichs, Carson, and Arnold, City Manager Webb and Assistant City Manager Feeney,
My comment to the City Council regarding Pacifico didn't make it through tonight. Nevertheless, I briefly want to remind all of you of the situation in our South Davis neighborhood.
The acts of crime and intimidation are continuous and not getting better. In fact, random hostile acts of intimidation have increased in number and the act of crime itself has increased in severity.
The most recent incidents that have compromise safety and well-being include:
- attempted rape
- prostitution in the parking lot
- theft and intimidation to Pacifico residents by Pacifico residents
- loitering combined with heavy consumption of alcohol on the bike path and near homes
- drug deals and coercion in the parking lot
- bb rifle shooting on the green belt by a known violent and dangerous criminal who frequents Pacifico
- a dumpster fire that was suffocating and threatened my family and home.
Those who currently have their safety and well being compromised due to the Use at Pacifico include:
- my family and visiting family and friends
- neighbors, families, and friends in homes (Oakshade West Neighborhood Association and beyond)
- neighbors, families, and students in apartments/duplexes (Octave and Sharp and Flats, Avalon, Brisa)
- neighbors and Pacifico residents, including disadvantaged women, children and elders - some of our most vulnerable.
These dangers affect everyone in this neighborhood. Many horrible things have happened and continue to happen.
I respectfully request that a plan for Pacifico be of top priority and the subject be put on the long range calendar. Thank you.
Tracy De Wit